"I think I'm gonna stay home; have myself a home life." ~ John Mayer
- We are officially home owners! Living in our own beautiful forever home, with a huge family room, a gas fireplace, our own washer and dryer (no more quarters needed!!), and our kids are so happy with their own bedrooms! I have my own little office in the study/front room/probably used to be a living room at one point. Both my husband and I got new desks after the move. It's the perfect desk in the perfect spot next to the window, and when I look across the street, I see dead people. LOL Or their gravestones and families coming to visit them. It's so weird because ever since I was a kid, I've wanted to live across the street from a cemetery, and now, I do. So many things I have dreamed of or thought about and I've gotten them. The universe works in mysterious ways ...
- I've been working on a few things lately, probably too many things at once, as I really wanted to finish Summer Storm, but I've also been reading like crazy! I've already read 17 books so far this year, and it's only July! I've felt like I've needed some serious inspiration, and I have definitely got some! So many great books out there by some truly amazing authors. (I am officially obsessed with Sarah J. Maas!)
- Dylan is a wonderful, beautiful, tall 13 year old, only an inch shorter than me now! He's going to be spending all of August with his father and Grandparents, and that is going to be really hard for me. We've never been apart for an entire month before. But, as a good distraction, I do get to go see my best friend--the woman who inspired the character of Rhea Kenti--for an entire week! In Pennsylvania! I'm super excited, I haven't seen her in over a year now! And I miss my Bubby and her daughters like crazy! I finally get to have some all girl time, with no boys or husbands allowed!
- When opportunity knocks, open the damn door! Give it a shot, because I'd rather say, "Oh, well," than constantly wonder, "What if...?"Even if it costs you a little, there's always the chance of it paying off three fold in the end! I am super nervous, but I am going to try.
- Also, hoping to get a new tattoo for my birthday in September--a literary tattoo, with symbols from five of my all time favorite books/series. I will want to add more to it eventually, because obviously, I love more than just five books, but I picked the most important ones for now.